Saturday, February 23, 2008

Work at Home savings

"Those are beautiful pictures," my mother-in-law said. "Do you think you can make copies for me?" she added. I told her I would be more than happy. So off I went to my computer. I set the pictures for scanning. When it was time to print, the ink level said "Ink running low."
What? I just bought new bottles last month. I tested a page from the screen to print and there it was - all black. Those that were supposed to come out in colors were all blank. Then I remember. My son printed his sons' pictures last week. Knowing him (after all he is my own son) that must have been a bundle.
My budget registers pinkish already. But can I disappoint my MIL? Then it hit me. I can save with coupons. All that I need now is patience. I started looking for online offers on printer inks. Before I knew it my mother-in-law was already inserting the pictures in between the pages of her magazines. And she was smiling.
But wait. While browsing there was something that caught my eye. I always wanted my name on a colorful business card with the faces of all my grandkids stamped all over the edges. Then, I will have a rubber stamp to go with it. Won't that be cool?
But my heart skip a beat to find articles on the Herman Miller Aeron Chair, small business credit cards and working from home tips. Exactly the information I need to start my little nook in my computer room's corner functional with attached liberal savings.
That's what I call unexpected gifts.
What more can I ask for?

No comments: