Thursday, February 28, 2008

Can't Ignore It Anymore

He had been ignoring it. Every time I would ask him about it, he would say: "Everything's OK," until the time came that I didn't ask anymore. After all he works in the medical field and should be aware of it, if anything. For the last three months, I've been noticing that his appetite had increased. I noticed, too, that he had started to squint as he reads and is so sleep hungry. Each time I gave him the "look" he would simply pat me on my shoulder and nod, his sign of assuring me that nothing's the matter.
Last week, before I went for an appointment with our eye doctor, he told me to make an appointment for him, too. He went and the diagnosis made me nervous. His diabetes had greatly affected his eyesight he needed to have his eyes X-rayed. And he was advised, emphatically, to follow his prescribed diet!
Please Lord, give me the wisdom to know how to feed him right and please give him the discipline to follow what's good for him.

1 comment:

Heart of Rachel said...

I hope everything will be alright...