Saturday, February 28, 2009

Step On It

I don't know about you, but everytime I go to a new place I can't help but compare the different concretes I step on. It never diminishes my amazement how a crack on a pavement can make or unmake the quality or ambiance of a place.
Lately, there is a very noticeable new trend in the concrete world. It is what is now called decorative concrete.
I visited a friend who just had her kitchen floor remade. The tiles looked like they came all the way from an Italian mine. You can just imagine the surprise on my face when she told me it was concrete, pure and simple.
Another trend is drawing on the floor. One example is a floor etched with a grapevine that gracefully winds diagonally across the room floor. Perhaps you would prefer a collage of toys in your little angels' playroom. How about colorful fruits and vegetables, even utensils, on your kitchen floors or walls? Those will surely be, in the words of my grandkids - COOOOOOOL!!!
There are now concrete contractors whose portfolios are readily available. And their portfolios can speak for themselves. All you have to do is flip through the projects that they have finished - be it a simple loft, or a chain of hotels, or industrial buildings - and deciding will not be too hard. And, what more, no project is too small for them. Be it a patio or driveway to be paved, they are ready to make you avail of their professional services.
On another positive note, only quality materials are used for structural concrete and decorative concrete projects.

No comments: