Friday, May 25, 2007

Ronald Reagan and his Moments

I always admired Pres. Ronald Reagan without his political halo. To me he was always a picture of elegance and gentleness. So, when I heard that his diaries had been published I have to have my own copy. I want to take a peek at his thoughts outside the oval office. Are they congruent to my perception of him as a man, a husband and a father? I am still in the intro and on page xi, I can get a glimpse of his compassionate nature when, "while lying on a bed in an emergency room", he wrote:
I focused on that tiled ceiling and prayed. But I realized I couldn't ask for God's help while at the same time I felt hatred for the mixed-up young man who had shot me. Isn't that the meaning of the last sheep? We are all God's children & therefore equally beloved by Him. I began to pray for his soul and that he would find his way back to the fold.
Till next reading.

No comments: