Friday, March 27, 2009

It only took a split second..........

The traffic was so bad that for the last 30 minutes my speed was a little over 5 mph only. On top of it all, the weather was much warmer than yesterday that my eyes were begging to shut close. I thought I was dreaming when I suddenly felt a thugggg behind me! Whoaa! Someone just bumped me. I slowed down and parked on the shoulder. The man in the car behind me parked, too. He started apologizing as soon as he saw me. I looked at my car and thought - This is nothing compared to the last one. I asked him: "Were you feeling sleepy?" (Or,was I projecting?) Embarrassed, he said "Oh, no. Not at all. I just took a split second glance away from the road when all of a sudden ......."
He started writing out his particulars still apologizing. I took the piece of paper, checked everything he wrote and told him: "If I had to pay for anything I will call you. Now, focus on the road, will you?" He thanked me and we were both on our way.
And my eyes stayed wide open till I parked in our garage.

3 comments:

Nancie said...

Hi Princess, Just want to stop by and say hello to you. Thanks for all your visits and encouragement. I am not able to blog actively but do missed you and many blogging friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have been very fatigues recently, learning to pace myself and looking to God daily. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry about your accident. I'm glad it was a minor one and you didn't get hurt.

best sale said...

Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.