Thursday, October 09, 2008

Lend me your ears ....

I can't help but be amazed every time I see students walking and at the same time dancing as the cords from their pockets to the earphones sway with their every move. Some even have their cell phones on as they send text messages at the same time. To feed my curiosity I did an informal survey this morning and asked my students what they are using. More than 75% of them said ipods. When asked why not MP3's. They said iPods hold more music and that they can also watch some visuals with them. (How would I know those things, I was whispering to myself).
Then I remember something. Since our lesson was on comparing grocery and supermarket prices on items that they will need for their recipes, this will be a more interesting topic for them to research online, this time to compare prices of the different iPods, write about the qualities of each and decide which one is the cheaper but better choice. Then, not forgetting mp3 players, they should decide which one will be a better choice for them to use as they prepare their menus - an iPod or an mp3 during their laboratory days.

No comments: