Monday, August 04, 2008

One Weekend

I looked forward to the last weekend. After spending Friday evening watching a double program at a drive-in theater (could there be more romantic than that?) I really thought I could just sit and relax. Well not so.
Woke up early on Saturday even when I planned on staying in bed much later than 5 am. Since I couldn't go back to sleep any more I decided to start clearing the mess in the kitchen. Before I knew it, it was time to prepare lunch. Then I got a call that we were expected at a pot-luck get-together by 4:30 pm. I thought fast and promised we would take care of the drinks. What could be smarter than that! That taken cared of, started working on the laundry. Then it was time to "prepare" the drinks - packing the cans and bottles in a bed of ice cubes. That was fast. Now thinking back, I baby sat my grandsons most of the time! But I am not complaining.
Sunday we visited another cousin who just flew in from our motherland. And to tell you frankly, I can't even remember what else I did other than going to bed and waking up early for today's workshop on "Making Standards Work"!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi! Sounds like you had a wonderful, crazy, busy and fun weekend.

Thanks for your visit to my blog last week.