Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Joshua Defending His Case

Last Friday, I was given the assignment of taking and picking up Joshua from his Tae Kwan Do class. He had been very quiet at the back seat while we were slowly cruising along Mountain Ave. when all of a sudden he asked:

       "Uhhhmmmm, Grannie, may I ask you a question?"
"Of course you can, What is it?"
      "Uhhhmmmm....Tomorrow is my birthday."
"I know. Are you excited?"
      "Yes, Grannie.  hmmmmm, what gift are you giving me?"
"Have you forgotten?  Your sparring uniform, remember?"
      "Yes, Grannie." 

Then, silence.  I was humming to the music playing on the radio  when Joshua cut into my reverie!

     "But, Grannie...."
"Yes, Josh?"
     "You gave that to me when I was still 5 years old and  tomorrow I will be 6 so that uniform is your gift for my 5th birthday and you still have to buy me one for my 6th birthday tomorrow."
And he ended his argument with:
      "There is a TRU store by your house, Grannie.  We can go there before we go home."

Who do you think won?

And I learned my lesson:  give the gift at the right time!  lol











      







No comments: