Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hoping

First, Patrick and Mylynn. They assured me everything will be OK. Pray and our prayers will be answered and that HE has everything planned for us. Then, Sarah, Matt and Dan. When did I know about it? Could it be reversed? Can he still work? Last Tuesday, no and yes. Matthew gave his almost 2-year-old act while Daniel had his dinner as I cuddled him in my arms. They helped me pull away from my thoughts.
When I heard the knocks by 10:30, I knew those would be from Lester and Rachelle. Upon knowing of what's ahead for all of us in the family, they started asking about the whys and wherefores of things. Then at fifteen past midnight, Jet came greeting me saying he heard everything from Sarah. Again he asked if it could be reversed. I told him no, only to slow it down.
Everyone took my "speech" in stride and I sensed their concerns. Before they left, this was all I asked from each of my children: "Please be around".
And my eyes were dry again.

1 comment:

Forever59er said...

(sigh) Whatever it is, I pray for strength and faith for all of you.