Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Mareng Glo!!!


Today is my friend Gloria's birthday.  I've known her since the 70's but it was hubby who knew her first. I can't pin-point the exact date we clicked.  I remember that she lent me a maternity dress for me to wear for my trip to the Philippines to deliver my youngest son.  I remember, too, that she accompanied me on a very important mission  (and I can't help grinning as I remember this). But I guess our friendship bloomed when, together with my second son, we ventured into American soil so we could have a taste of its cream and honey.  Oh, the adventures we had:  funny, sad, glorious, you name it we experienced it! We've experienced together the sweet and the sour of life.

Like sisters, we quarreled, too.  But, because  her two children are my godchildren, I couldn't forgive myself if we parted ways, so like an elder sister, I told her bati na kami.  And our friendship got even tighter.  (On a side note, I have to thank my late father.  He would always tell me to be the first to say sorry, whether it was  my fault or not, that is if I treasure someone's friendship or relationship. Kalimutan mo na ang nangyari.  Limot na rin niya 'yon pag binati mo siya, he'd whisper to me).

Gloria is the most unselfish person I know. She wouldn't think twice helping hubby and me whenever we need one.  She'll go out of her way to find a solution to our problem if she couldn't do it herself.  She never, not even once, made me feel that I had to pay her back.

Gloria and I don't agree on so many things. She knows how hard headed I am and I know how opinionated she can be but we tolerate each other. She is my friend and my sister altogether.

I can go on and on, but I will miss what I am writing this for, lol.... I want to wish my dear dear friend, or, what's the term for it now - BFF?  a very very very happy birthday and I wish her many many many more to come.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARENG GLO !!!








No comments: