Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Who can really tell?


Last weekend hubby and I attended a golden wedding anniversary of two good friends from Long Beach, CA.
We started from  home early because we still had to pick up another friend.
I used online directions, as I usually do,. I was so sure it wouldn't take us more than an hour to reach the place in time for the church ceremony. We followed the online direction to the letter.  Hubby was about to tell me that another freeway was missing from the direction but I insisted (as I usually do) to just follow what I downloaded.
We noticed that our trip was taking much longer than it should.  So when a familiar exit comes we exited.  We followed the direction from there but it took us nowhere.  We made turns and endless turns but we  couldn't find the exact street to the place!  Luckily Fwy 91 showed up, the one which was left out of the direction,  and  we made it to the church  - late!  The trip took us more than 2 hours - a trip that  usually take 45-50 minutes, depending on the traffic.  And to think that traffic was very light!
Before we left the party, we asked a friend for the reverse directions they take to make  sure we wouldn't get lost but lo and behold, we still did and to our surprise we ended up following the freeway that we often take when we visit  my mother-in-law.
When we showed up unannounced at her doorstep she was just too happy to see us!

A side note:
A day before, we greeted my MIL Happy Mother's Day. We told her we couldn't see her on the day because of another appointment. So, on the way home,  I told hubby that maybe, my FIL took charge of the wheels, just like last year (this is another story),  so we could visit my MIL and greet her personally!

Who can really tell?

No comments: